Wednesday, December 17, 2008

MATT THE ELECTRICIAN at Armadillo Christmas Bazaar 12-16-08

Matt, along with Scrappy Jud Newcomb, did 2 sets in the afternoon at the Bazaar. I heard him for the first time a couple of weeks ago with his full band and I loved him. This show was more mellow but just as enjoyable. I like the way he writes. He can be quite humorous, bouncy, sad, contemplative...he does it all. His sound, with that little guitar and banjo he plays, is real distinct, also. Having Scrappy as your lead guitarist is a big bonus, too. That guy is great.
I was wondering who Matt reminded me of, and during one of his songs he went into Paul Simon's "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes," and I thought, yep, that's it.
Check out his music on his myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/matttheelectrician
Listen to "Animal Boy" if you only have time for one song. He has a new record coming out in the spring. I know one song on it will be "In Osaka." It sounds great! You can listen to it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVPdzSDaRlI&feature=channel_page

No comments: