Saturday, July 5, 2008

RUTHIE FOSTER at Antone's 7-1-08

We decided to go to this show for a couple of reasons. #1 Ruthie is not playing around Austin much these days. She's touring so her next Austin area show is not until October. The old days where you could catch her once a month if you wanted to seem to be over. We are so spoiled here in Austin. #2 opening was Bettysoo & since we liked her so much after hearing 3 songs at the KGSR Fan Drive we wanted to hear a longer set.
What a fun night!
Bettysoo had a full band including Will Sexton on lead guitar. Check her out because she is going places. You'll be able to say you knew her when...I did not take a photo or video & I have no idea why. Guess I was too interested in just listening.
Ruthie was on fire. For this show she had a sax player & also an organ/keyboard player. I'll tell ya, everybody knows no one has more soul than Ruthie but these guys brought the funk, especially the organist. I wish I knew his name. Shame on me for not remembering. He even gave me his copy of the setlist afterward. I have 2 videos. They are both too dark but I'm posting them so you can hear the music. This was a great show.

No comments: