Thursday, July 24, 2008

CAROLYN WONDERLAND at Blues on the Green 7-23-08

I'll start out by saying I screwed up 2 ways on this one. I didn't video the right song & I was too close to the stage so the sound is not good. Lessons learned.
Carolyn is, for my money, the best female guitar player I've ever seen. Add to that a great soulful, booming voice & you are in business. She also plays a mean trumpet, mandolin & who knows what else. As one of the dj's from KGSR stated after the show, "I just have to say it. She is a badass!" Oh yes, she also writes pretty good songs. If you're not familiar with her go to her myspace page & listen to Misunderstood:
http://www.myspace.com/carolynwonderland
Blues on the Green is a free KGSR sponsored event held every summer from June through August. It's every other Wednesday & so far I've managed to miss Asleep at the Wheel, Marcia Ball & Los Lonely Boys performing at it.
I will catch Carolyn later this year & video one of her guitar playing showcase songs & be in a better position for sound :)
Blues on the Green is a KGSR sponsored, free concert series held every summer in Zilker Park, home to the Austin City Limits Music Festival.

No comments: