Saturday, July 5, 2008

JAMES MCMURTRY and the HEARTLESS BASTARDS at Shady Grove 7-3-08

Speaking of not interacting with the crowd...James McMurtry has to be the most sullen, almost scary person I've ever seen live. He just looks nasty! He looks like the songs he writes. They are great songs so I guess it doesn't matter. What a tight 3 piece band he has! You don't think of his stuff as dance music since it's so dark but boy, when this band kicks into Choctaw Bingo just try to stay seated. You have to hear the live version as the studio version doesn't have the fire. I wish I could have filmed that song but at Shady you need to film & get photos right away or it gets too dark.
The vocals on this video are pretty jumbled. Why, I do not know. The guitars sound fine & in the audience the vocals were good so no idea why they didn't come across on the video.

No comments: