Tuesday, October 13, 2009

BETTYSOO at Saxon Pub 10-7-09

After Shelley King's last show at ArtZ I hoped on over to the Saxon since it was just up the street and the start time was right after Shelley.
This was a full band show which I always enjoy. Tonight the sound guy was off in lala land and about all you could hear was the bass and drums. It was thump thump thump all night so that was frustrating.
The cool thing was she brought John Fullbright up on stage with her. He played some accordion, did some singing and they also performed one of his songs which was great! It's called "Blameless." I have heard BettySoo do it previously but hearing them together was pretty special. He is a 21 year old kid from Oklahoma. He has that Okie sound which I find mesmerizing. I believe BettySoo said he is in Austin recording an album.
Check him out:

http://www.myspace.com/johnrussellfullbright

Also noted in the audience was Jimmy LaFave.
$5 cover

No comments: