Friday, December 4, 2009

BEN MALLOTT and NOELLE HAMPTON at Momo's 11-25-09

This was a Thanksgiving Eve show. Ben did a Wednesday night run at Momo's through November and somehow the month got away from me until the last one. I wanted to see him with his band because previously I'd only seen him solo, in some type of song swap or collaboration with another singer/songwriter. Kind of wanted to see if he rocked or not! Turns out he does! I've always liked his writing, his voice and it was so nice to see his show with a totally different feel to it.
The opener, Noelle Hampton, I had heard of but never heard. What a great surprise! We caught most of her set. She had us toe tapping and bouncing in our seats the whole time. I liked her voice, melodies and can't wait to hear/see her again!
I tell ya, I was shaking my head thinking about all of the talent in this town. It's crazy. Unless you're here living it, you really can't imagine it, I don't think.
$7 cover, can't beat it
We left Ben's show a little early to dash over to the Saxon Pub for Slaid Cleaves. Got there just as it had sold out and got turned away. Oh well, can't get a four bagger every time up.

1 comment:

noelle hampton said...

Thanks for the "SHOUT OUT"! Hope to see you at a show soon.
xo
Noƫlle