Sunday, August 22, 2010

LINTON MANCILLA at One World Theatre 8-20-10

This is a first for me.  Writing about a band after hearing only 1 song.  But...that's how good the song was.  Went to One World to see Paula Poundstone, the comedian.  They serve dinner at these shows, you pay extra for it and we've never done it.  They also have a bar set up.  Anyway, we had dinner at County Line on The Hill (had pork ribs, great!) and by the time we got over to One World, it was close to show time for Paula.  We walked into the lobby area and our friends were getting a drink at the bar.  This delayed us long enough for me to key in on the music.  They were just finishing one song and as soon as they started on the next one, it literally stopped me in my tracks.  It had the most beautiful melody I think I've ever heard.  The lyrics were so tender.  The singer had the nicest, warmest voice.  A love song - simply gorgeous.
The song is called "I Fall In Love" and the band is LintonMancilla.  I bought the cd with this song on it.  It's called "Into The Wind" and came out this year.  Haven't listened to the cd yet.  But I did listen to "I Fall In Love" twice today when I had a few minutes to spare.  I'm still in love with it.

No comments: