Tuesday, August 4, 2009

WILLIAMS & WILLIAMS at Cactus Cafe 7-28-09

Well, I am officially a week behind in writing up the music I've been to & am battling a pretty good sinus infection so these notes will be short.
This show is the 3rd or 4th annual tribute show to Hank and Lucinda. Jenny Reynolds came up with the idea. It is a free show.
Each musician did a Lu song, a Hank song and one of their own. Pretty neat. Some highlights for me were the sets by Seth Walker, Guy Forsyth, BettySoo, Southpaw Jones and a guy I hadn't seen before named Eric Hisaw. The coolest thing was Southpaw who yodeled like there was no tomorrow! Was that ever great!

2 comments:

Brad Castro said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I love what you do - keep up the great work!

Deb said...

Thanks Brad, appreciate it.