Friday, September 5, 2008

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN and the E STREET BAND St. Louis 8-23-08

There is no need to leave Austin for live music under any circumstances except...Springsteen didn't come here. So, I was able to work in a show in St. Louis. I have seen him in 11 different cities & his shows in St. Louis have always been among my favorites. For some reason he is always revved up in St. Loo. This show was no exception. The Magic tour was winding down & he was going crazy, adding rarities not played in 30+ years. We got the longest show of the tour, 3 hours, 15 minutes. This is with no break. We were on our feet the entire show except for 1 song. He also started taking requests on this last leg of the tour. I did take a sign to St. Louis hoping for the song Rendezvous. Miraculously he did pull my sign from the stands & for the request portion of the show, it was the first song played! I will never, ever forget it. If you're interested you can watch the whole drama play out as someone up in the rafters filmed the whole sequence. It's at the 1:28 mark where he chuckles & says "give me that one," asking for my sign. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYGsL513wfY
Among the rarities we got some great covers:
Then She Kissed Me
Mountain of Love
Little Queenie
Twist & Shout
and the always fun Detroit Medley
For Springsteen original rarities beside Rendezvous we got:
For You (full band version)
Drive All Night (first time played in something like 25 years)
It was an amazing show, full throttle from the get go until it was over. Where he gets the energy & stamina, night after night, I'll never know.

No comments: