Wednesday, May 20, 2009

ANDY GULLAHORN at St. Michael's Academy 5-18-09

After Steve Earle at Waterloo Records I zipped across town to this show. I hadn't heard of Andy or this place until someone posted how much they liked this guy on their Facebook page. So I listened to him on his myspace page, liked what I heard and decided to go see him.
Turns out he is from Austin originally and this place is where he went to high school. He currently lives in Nashville.
He writes heartfelt lyrics and has really sweet melodies so he hooked me straight away. He is also very funny. Chats quite a bit between songs and has a dry wit about him.
The guy played for almost 2 hours and all that was asked for was a donation. Hard to believe.
Check out the songs he has on his myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/andygullahorn

Being at his old high school was pretty neat. A freshman teacher introduced him while her students collected donations and sold his cd's. You gotta love it.

No comments: